Back ground

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Marley's Chicken Salad

I am not much of a blogger, but figured I should get off to a good start. Here is a recipe I obtained in college; it is by far my favorite chicken salad recipe. It takes a bit of prep, but will be worth the effort.

Marley's Chicken Salad

  • 3C diced chicken or turkey
  • 1C finely chopped celery
  • 1C sliced seedless grapes
  • 1C Pineapple tidbits
  • 1/2C slivered toasted almonds
  • 2 Tbs fresh or 1 Tbs dry Parsley
  • 1teasp salt
  • 1/4 teasp pepper
  • 1/2 C Mayonnaise
  • 1/2 C miracle Whip
  • 1/2 C sour cream

Toss all ingredients. Chill and serve on croissants or rolls. (you can use either all Mayo or all miracle whip, but the mix provides a delicious tangy flavor. Also I like to use red grapes if I have them.)

Well good luck. I hope you enjoy!!!
Merilee

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yum, that sounds good. I love chicken salad sandwiches on thick crusty bread! Thanks!