Back ground

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dairy Casserole (company casserole)

Dairy Casserole
1 lb. ground beef
2 T. butter
1/2 C. sour cream
1 C. cottage cheese
3 C. cooked noodles
1/2 t. salt and pepper
1 sm. can chopped olives
1/4 C. onions
2 C. tomato sauce (two small cans)
1 (8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
Brown meat, pepper, onion in butter. Add sauce and seasonings. Combine balance of ingredients together. Line Noodles in dish, spread with cheese mixture, cover with balance of noodles and top with meat mixture. Bake uncovered 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
I really like this dish and its good with garlic bread.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I made this tonight and it was so good! I used a whole pound of noodles and added a couple cloves of garlic when I cooked the meat. I didn't put in the olives. Thanks for the recipe, Mom!

Merilee said...

Mom, I am so glad you put this up, I am always thinking about this recipe, and haven't had it in a long time! I am excited to try it!